I have gone through depression, more recently than not , and feel lost in my life every once in a while. I am reaching out to everyone out there, who feels like they have lost all meaning and purpose of life, know that you are not alone . To all the souls, who lost their sense of hope in life :
- Buy lace underwear and model it around at home. You’re a goddess, own it.
- Realize the fact that if somebody can’t see your virtues doesn’t it mean you don’t have them.
- Pamper yourself. Fill the bathtub with hot water, throw in a bath bomb, jump in, play some music and enjoy. Exfoliate your skin, wash your hair, use a hair mask. Don’t dare to leave the bathroom till you’ve polished every single inch of your body. Try to polish your soul too.
- Remember situations you faced in the past. Realize they’re not a big deal anymore. That bad anxiety you had two months ago suddenly seem so small you might just want to laugh for being so silly, and now it’s over all those tears you cried are the most pointless thing ever. This will happen over and over again, so next time you face a problem remember in a year from now it will be insignificant.
- Go for a walk on your own. Walk aimlessly without a finish line. Come back home when you’re tired, no need to hurry.
- Doodle. Maybe you think you’re doing not so great at living but your watercolors skills are still on point.
- Buy yourself flowers. This one needs no explanation.
- Clean bed sheets are always a good idea.
- Stare at yourself in a mirror after a long nap and admire how glowing, beautiful and dreamy your face looks. Naps work wonders.
- In fact, stare at yourself on a mirror daily. Each time compliment on something. Maybe today you like your hair but don’t enjoy the shape of your lips, but that’s OK because tomorrow you’ll be delighted at how cute your smile is even tho your hair might be a mess. Learn to love you.
- Bake cookies just to eat with your fingers the remaining cookie dough. Everybody knows that’s the best part of baking.
- Forgive yourself.